Homemade lemonade is tasty, so refreshing, and very healthy, a great way to avoid sugary store-bought drinks.
Here we’ll tell you about 9 different lemonades, flavored with different herbs, spices, supplements, and even vegetables to add a nutrition boost and increase the medicinal power even more.
Lemonade of a thousand varieties
Lemons are a citrus fruit so nutritious they’re medicinal. Just a few of their nutrients are:
- Citric acid
- Minerals (calcium, magnesium)
- Vitamin C
Homemade lemonade, then, is a great way to take advantage of all that they have to offer while also preventing all kinds of illnesses.
Below we’ll propose different varieties to make them even tastier, give them a special touch, and compound their healing powers.
Mint is a medicinal plant with the ability to help with your digestion while refreshing and revitalizing your body.
- Lemonade with fresh mint will help you thrive on those hot, sweaty summer days that tend to suck your energy.
- It’s also an excellent choice to accompany a hard-to-digest meal or to have afterward as a dessert.
If you don’t have fresh mint on hand, you can make mint tea with the dried leaf, and once cooled, add lemon juice.
Basil lemonade is ideal for making you feel better when you’re sad, down, or depressed.
- It will also help prevent the weakening of your immune system that usually goes along with those kinds of negative emotional states.
- Basil is great because it helps you relax while at the same time stimulating you, depending on what your body needs.
Lemonade made with fennel is the best choice for people who often get bloated or gassy, as it naturally helps your digestion.
It also helps fight fluid retention.
- This lemonade should be enjoyed on its own, without other food, or a bit before a meal in order to take advantage of its special abilities.
4. Cinnamon and ginger
Cinnamon and ginger lemonade is pure energy. And if you have it hot, it’s a cozy way to warm you up on cold days or when you’re just feeling off.
With this lemonade you can:
- Strengthen your immune system
- Get your metabolism going
- Regulate your blood sugar
- Increase your libido
- Flush accumulated fluids out of your body
Lemonade with turmeric is so anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and full of antioxidants that it deserves a permanent spot in your diet.
And both the turmeric and lemon are excellent at improving your liver function. It will improve your body’s ability to clean your blood and get rid of toxins.
Yes, you heard right. Lemonade with beets, as surprising as it may sound, is a wonderful combination that will help you fight fatigue and iron-deficiency anemia thanks to its vitamin C, iron, and folic acid.
Just blend a piece of beet with the lemonade until you get a beautiful, delicious, purple drink.
7. Green tea
Lemonade made with green tea is amazing for your cardiovascular system, chock-full of antioxidants, and is even anti-cancer.
Rich in minerals, it will help you burn calories and lose weight more easily, making it an ideal part of any weight-loss diet.
In fact, green tea supplements are even sold for this very purpose.
You can make lemonade into an isotonic drink to sip over the course of the day, replenish the minerals in your body, and keep yourself hydrated during workouts.
Add the following ingredients to a liter of lemonade.
- One pinch of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of sea salt (3.5 g)
- Brown sugar or honey (to taste)
- Add the baking soda and sea salt to your natural lemonade and mix well. If you wish, sweeten with a bit of honey or brown sugar.
- The result will be a refreshing, slightly salty, effervescent beverage.
“Take a look: Six Natural Drinks to Help You Sleep Better”
9. Stevia and propolis
Our last lemonade, great cold or hot, is an immune system-boosting remedy for preventing and treating colds, the flu, a cough, sore throat, etc.
What do I do?
- Add stevia to taste and 25 drops of propolis to a liter of lemonadeand sip over the course of the day.
- However, the stevia should be pure extract. You will notice it’s a dark color instead of the clear kind; this is where the medicinal properties are found in addition to the sweetness.